Gaithersburg, MD 20877
One of the most popular DC area pastry/cake shops, Classic Bakery, is looking to hire a talented and creative Pastry Chef/Cake Decorator for a full time position. We have recently expanded and added a second location in Northern Virginia, and our production facility is rapidly growing. Qualified applicants must posses the following skills:
- Associated Degree in Culinary Pastry Arts and/or 3-5 years pastry arts experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities for maximum efficiency.
- Experience with French pastries as well as other international pastries and baked goods.
- Manage daily production and identify product shortages to keep products consistently fresh and in stock.
- Assist in prepping and developing seasonal menus and products.
- Have strong leadership skills and work well under pressure.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Oversee all pastry production both for daily stock and special orders.
- Manage and assist in development of daily, seasonal, and special order offerings.
- Maintain and take inventory of ingredients and stock to ensure consistent stock and availability of products.
- Maintain and constantly keep work area clean and up to food safety standards.
- Use food preparation equipment such as mixers, ovens, dough sheeters, etc.
- Report to work as scheduled on time, in uniform, and ready to be productive.
- Maintain a professional and productive relationship with coworkers.
- Schedule pastry and baking production to ensure constant freshness and organization.