We are seeking a candidate for an entry level bakery assistant position. Applicant must be passionate about baking and want to learn and grow within the company. The Bakery Assistant position has lots of growth potential and is an excellent opportunity to enter the baking and pastry arts industry.
- Ability to work in a team setting and learn quickly and efficiently.
- Intermediate experience with baked goods including but not limited to breads, cookies, etc.
- Manage daily production and identify product shortages to keep products consistently fresh and in stock.
- Assist in layering and icing cakes for daily and weekly production.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Assist in baking and prepping cakes, breads, cookies, and pastries.
- Assist in development of daily, seasonal, and special order offerings.
- Maintain and take inventory of ingredients and stock to ensure consistent stock and availability of products.
- Maintain and constantly keep work area clean and up to food safety standards.
- Use food preparation equipment such as mixers, ovens, dough sheeters, etc.
- Report to work as scheduled on time, in uniform, and ready to be productive.
- Maintain a professional and productive relationship with coworkers.
Highly competitive pay and potential for growth within company.